• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Can you identify this hubcap ?

bear

Reaction score
Ok , today I was going thru some of my parts and I came across these hubcaps that I've had for what seems like forever and I never did find out what they came off of originally . After I hung one of them on my wall I thought of posting a picture up here to see if anyone can tell me what they where on from the factory .
IMG_4708.JPG

If I remember right , the 68 Charger full hubcaps were similar but was stamped out of one piece of metal and was very light ( like any hubcap ) . These are constructed of at least three pieces and seems to way a ton . But I think your in the right generation though .

Ok , today I was going thru some of my parts and I came across these hubcaps that I've had for what seems like forever and I never did find out what they came off of originally . After I hung one of them on my wall I thought of posting a picture up here to see if anyone can tell me what they where on from the factory . View attachment 6690
My mom had a 69 coronet 500 that had caps like that.

Ding , Ding , Ding , we have a winner ( Or winners ) ! :D Turns out from what I just read , 69 , 70 , 71 Dodge Charger , Polara , & Coronet . I've had those things for about 15/20 years and never knew what they went to . They where in the back of a 77 Trailduster I had when I bought it and I just thru them in a box . Thanks guy's ( And girl ) .

Gee , you guy's are pretty good . Maybe I should post a picture of this clock I have . I've tried a few time's to research it to find out what kind of car it came from but I never could find much info on it .

MAN ! Cool picture Mob ! That look's like a 70 Fury III parked right in front next to the wagon . :) I know you posted the picture for the Polara in the front corner but my first Mopar was a 70 fury . Man , I loved that car . :(

MAN ! Cool picture Mob ! That look's like a 70 Fury III parked right in front next to the wagon . :) I know you posted the picture for the Polara in the front corner but my first Mopar was a 70 fury . Man , I loved that car . :(
I was actually on FCBO (loyalty!) and saw this in an old dealer pic thread. Stopped my quick scan the millisecond I saw that hubcap. I actually noticed the Chevelle first, sorry, but it looks badass with that rear jacked up to heaven.

I was actually on FCBO (loyalty!) and saw this in an old dealer pic thread. Stopped my quick scan the millisecond I saw that hubcap. I actually noticed the Chevelle first, sorry, but it looks badass with that rear jacked up to heaven.
No worries Mob . I agree with you on the Chevelle ! ;) I remember back in the day , you just weren't cool if you didn't have air shocks in your car . :cool: One of the 67 Old's I had when I was younger . I hooked the air shocks up to a self leveling pump out of an old caddy or something and had a control switch mounted under the dash for it . I remember cruising around with my buddy's one night with the rear way up high like that chevelle and driving by one of the local boy's in blue . He pulled us over and when he walked up to the car , he told me that the rear end looked like it was kind of high . I responded with , I don't think so but your more then welcome to measure it .:rolleyes: While he was walking back to his car to get the tape measure I reach down and flicked the switch to drop the car back down and the car just went Shhhhhh as it lowered . He walks back to the car and bends down to measure it and then stops and look's at it scratching his head . He then walked over to me with this blank look on his face and apologized and said it looked a lot higher when we drove by him and for us to have a good night . As we drove away I flicked the switch again and the rear slowly came up back to our cruising height again and we were off . :D

Back