• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

byb-bye tbi

Trifecta

Reaction score
Bought this 82 a few years back. Guy swapped original motor for newer tbi unit. Things a complete dog. Want to put aluminium intake and holley carb on it, and get rid of the throttle body. Anyone done this?Howd it work out? 350 cu in.

Last edited:
Let me try another route, anyone got any suggestions what I could try to stop this thing from flooding itself. New plugs are now fouled ,messing with the timing didn't really help. Truck has always bin bad on fuel, it just needs to be set up properly. I don't know where to begin with the tbi setup though. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Got er done. Ended up being bad coolant sensor teamed with a malfunctioning egr valve. Purrs like a kitten now.

I bought a trooper one time with a 2.8 chevy motor thing was horrible almost didnt make it home wife was not happy with me got home pulled the cleaner ther dam egr valve was unbolted just sitting there screwed all back together that was all it was truck ran great after that.

Back