• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Brake upgrade on '78 W200

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Ive been doing some online searching for an upgraded brake package, or at least components, to upgrade my factory disc setup. They seem to stop OK, but Im planning a 500ci stroker to go into this truck, so some really good brakes would probably be wise. Problem is, Ive got the 8 x 6.5 bolt pattern, which for some reason, nobody seems to care about enough to have put a kit together for.

So far, Ive tried
- Baer brakes
- Wilwood
- R1 concepts
- Summit racing
- Ebay

Has anyone done a brake upgrade on their truck? Maybe seen one available through a smaller retailer? Any help much appreciated.

IMG20220709085817.jpg

IMG20220709085827.jpg

There are some slotted and drilled front rotors available through Rockauto.com, but only for the 4500lbs front axle, which Im assuming is the D60. dimensions are almost identical, but the centre hub is much larger on the D60 rotors, so cant even machine them down and make em work.

Such a frustrating search!

631-40048L_v1_1__ra_t.jpg

76283R_FRO__ra_t.jpg

Did Rock auto list what they were to fit other than a 4500lb front axle? Two- or four-wheel drive. My 83 chassis D350 has the 4500lb front axle. I have not really compared rotors or hubs to the 76 W30 camper special van body also setting here. I used to go to the local junk yard for such information. I could check some dimensions but going from two to four wheel maybe a problem on the rotors.

Back