• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

brake boaster removable

1baddak

Reaction score
Any body know a trick to get the top nut off the brake boaster on the inside. I got one of them off. Just the top right one and cant get to it. Does the dash have to come out? This is on a Shelby Dakota.

Last edited:
Upside down on your back or instrument bezel removed with two long extensions and a swivel on the end. I have a service manual I can look at tonight if need be.

I though i responded to your answer but I guess I forgot to send it. I did the lay on your back allredy . I hate to pull the dash cluster out but may have to. There is a bracket right over the pushrod that is in the way I dont know what purpose it serves except being right in the way. I looked in my manual (hayes) and it didnt show it. It just fastens on to the in side of that channel that your pedel is fastned to stickes out about two /three inches. I may get up and go take that off and see where I am then. How do you like your Shelby?

My book has some pictures and such. I got some movies to watch with the wife then I will scan them and post them for you.

Here goes those removing pics.

powerbrake001.jpg

powerbrake002.jpg

Last edited:
I found an easy way..... Drop the steerimg column..... I swapped my booster out in 15 minutes flat... 2 screws for the knee bolster, 2 for the column, and four for the booster, 2 for the MC

Back