• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Blower motor wiring.

Furyus 67

Reaction score
I'm replacing the blower motor in the 82 d150. I did some googling and searching on here and didn't find a whole lot. I've got a green and a white wire on the factory harness, and a black and red wire on the new blower motor. Question being which way should I hook it up? The motor seems to run the same direction either way it's hooked up so I'm not sure. Thanks gentlemen

If the motor turns the same direction regardless one wire to hot and the other to ground.
That's what I ended up doing. Ended up figured out I have no power to the motor itself . Fuse is good . Looking at the resistor 1st.

Drop your glove box down and check the resistor on top of the heater box . You should have juice there coming from the switch . If not , then check the back of the switch , It might be toast . Very common with these trucks .

Drop your glove box down and check the resistor on top of the heater box . You should have juice there coming from the switch . If not , then check the back of the switch , It might be toast . Very common with these trucks .
It turned out to be the switch. I'm sure the 10lbs of nuts and mouse crap I pulled out didn't help anything. I wound up hooking it to a toggle for now, off and hi. I also installed a Kenwood CD player I had laying around.
I jump in it this morning to go to work and the starter was dragging a little. I back it up to my truck to transfer my tools, then go to start it and I got a very slow turn of the starter and the dreaded "click click". Check the battery(new) and I'm getting 11/12 volts. I'm gonna swap the mini from my fury in to find out of its the starter or a parasitic drag. Hopefully it's just the starter .

I guess your way ahead of me then . lol

I guess your way ahead of me then . lol
Well when google fails me there's no better place to look lol. After looking at a few of your threads I'm sure your knowledge far outweighs mine and the fsm for that matter.

Turns out I've been driving for a week off of the battery lol. The voltage regulator is shot. Another reason I hate those ammeters. I've gotta get the bypass done and a voltage gauge installed. Thru the one off of my fury on er and so far so good.

So you figured it out being the regulator? As sporty said to get the switch with it, that way when you replace the regulator, the switch will be too..... and will last a bit longer and not have to have it all apart again any time soon..... -Thats doin' it right, the first time!

Back