• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Auto Trans Rebuilder?

niceolddart

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good Transmission rebuilder in my area, with-in a 100 mile radius. I have a 46RH/518 I would like to have done & also would like to install a slightly more stall than the stock convertor. I live in the South East Pa. area & would like to bring the tranny there myself to save on shipping & core cost & hassles. (I will pull the trans. at home) Not sure who is around my area that is a GOOD rebuilder, so any in-put would be helpful. Thanks.

65 sporty

Reaction score
Are you on FCBO? Some guy's on there are in PA and may know of someone in your area.

niceolddart

Reaction score
I am not, but I can put a feeler out on that forum to see what they say. Thanks 65 sporty. You respond to a lot of my questions & I thank you for it.

volaredon

Reaction score
I do my own.i wish they'd have made a version of the A500/518 that would bolt on to a /6

niceolddart

Reaction score
You probably already looked into this, but does anyone make an adapter plate to bolt one up to a slant six or can't it be done. If I remember correctly, a slant six bell housing is kind of funky. Sorry if I seem un-informed on them, but I haven't had one, or even looked closely at one in a LONG time. 500/518s are a pretty good transmission. Maybe not enough demand to make an adapter plate?