• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Auto Trans Rebuilder?

niceolddart

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good Transmission rebuilder in my area, with-in a 100 mile radius. I have a 46RH/518 I would like to have done & also would like to install a slightly more stall than the stock convertor. I live in the South East Pa. area & would like to bring the tranny there myself to save on shipping & core cost & hassles. (I will pull the trans. at home) Not sure who is around my area that is a GOOD rebuilder, so any in-put would be helpful. Thanks.

Are you on FCBO? Some guy's on there are in PA and may know of someone in your area.

I am not, but I can put a feeler out on that forum to see what they say. Thanks 65 sporty. You respond to a lot of my questions & I thank you for it.

I do my own.i wish they'd have made a version of the A500/518 that would bolt on to a /6

You probably already looked into this, but does anyone make an adapter plate to bolt one up to a slant six or can't it be done. If I remember correctly, a slant six bell housing is kind of funky. Sorry if I seem un-informed on them, but I haven't had one, or even looked closely at one in a LONG time. 500/518s are a pretty good transmission. Maybe not enough demand to make an adapter plate?

Back