• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Are ANY Pre-fabricated bedliners still available for a 1983 Miser?

Reaction score
Greetings Ram Drivers,

As a Neophyte Ram owner and driver, having just purchased a 1983 Ram Miser 2 weeks ago, I've been looking for sundry needful parts. While stuff for the engine and drive train can be easily found, I'm having great difficulty with finding a bed liner for this truck. I see some DIY or U-cut it generic mats and rugs, but no nicely injection molded bed liners available for more recent models, though I recall that when these were made, bed liners, just then coming on the market, WERE available for many pickups.

ARE there any such things still made for a 39 year old short bed Dodge pickup? I've eschewed ePay before this posting, but will try it as soon as I get this one posted now.

TEMPIS FUGIT! which sometimes make me say "FUGGIT!"

Looking pretty slim there, Gerald. Best chance is to find one in a truck at a yard. Rhinoliner and other brands of spray/roll on liners have pretty much taken over. Add to it you have a short box, and the chances are even slimmer. Considering an 8' liner I saw was $450+, you'd be better off with the spray/roll on liner, much cheaper and it will hold up over time if prepped properly.

It's a Dodge, it'll handle it, no matter what you put over it.

Right on! I think I have a good lead on one from an '02 Ram shortbed that will fit this '83. The lad's gonna measure the distance from the front to fender centers and width, to make sure, but it IS assuredly a 6'6" liner, and looks in the pic to be a good fit, but I want MEASUREMENTS and should have them by tonight.

FWIW, I thought about using tar and astroturf if I can't score a good drop-in, but just as I was fixin' to start pricing the tar, up pops this ad on Craigslist. If a drop-in for an '02 1500 will fit the older bed, as I suspect it will, then I'll let folks here KNOW so they can use that datum for their own benefit.

Pickup trucks should have gun racks in the back too of course, and an ice chest for BEER, to keep the driver's nuts from overheating. IN due course, I'll install ALL such necessities, to properly enhance the Dodgeness of this one, and set a Good Moral Example for Today's Benighted Youth.

I gotta keep reminding myself this is supposed to be my WIFE's truck of course, but SHE has to learn to drive it!

Back