• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOUND 95&older magnum V8 stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

niceolddart

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a V8 throttle body & intake manifold to modify for my Dakota. Stock un-modded pieces are best & prefer in the Bucks Co. PA. area. (The older 95 & down manifolds have 2 coolant temp. sensor ports, and would make mods. much easier, but later parts I can work with) Other parts considered too. what do you have?

Ive got a 93 manifold but no TB. I would be happy to sell it to you for 50 plus the price of shipping.

I read in another post how much fun your Dak is. Get a Hughes ported throttle body, Mopar PCM and a shift kit. Major kick in the pants! Oh and, move your IAT to the plastic intake hose (block off the intake manifold hole of course), it fools the PCM into bumping the timing up a few degrees thinking the intake air is cooler than it is. Oh and as Im typing this Im remembering all kinds of cheap mods/cheats. Oblong the holes on the TPS and play with it. It changes a sluggish pedal instantly. Damn, I should probably do a sticky?!

I will be in touch about the intake, and I am still trying to find a stock V8 T.B. so I can mod both pieces at once myself while still driving the truck. ( I'm on a limited budget ) Any other mods that I can do myself that you know of, let me know. I do have a new air temp. sensor to install somewhere in the air intake system, just not sure where I want to put it yet. Oblonging the T.P.S. sensor is a new one, I like it. I used to be an auto mechanic, so I have all the tools I need. Thanks again for you knowledge & help Scoots.

Theres only so much you can do to a stock throttle body and honestly, none of them help V8's much at all. A V6 with a V8 tb, now thats a different story, I dropped .56 at the track after the PCM learned it. All you can do is shave the air horns off, carefully grind the step out and then use rounded head bolts. *Also grind the throttle shaft/blade screw heads down flat. Once you start enlarging the bores, plates, etc, Ive done it and its cheaper to buy a prepped Hughes.
Heres a pic of where I located many IAT's to:

dak engine bay.jpg

I plan on cutting out the center divider & cutting the runners down on the intake as I've seen done in engine mods.
People only do that mod because its easy and honestly it will hurt without a cam. The beer barrel has a huge reverse plenum volume for torque, cutting all of that out increases the plenum volume thus adding low end and negligible top end due to the shorter path. The proper way is to cut as planned but weld plate in the upper plenum to reduce volume. Im only telling you this because me and Dak guys tried it all back in the day. I dont know if you were ever over on dodgedakotas.net but I was "Fazdak" over there.

Hughes is the only source we have now. Back in the day we had KRC and Magnum Performance but both are gone now. The Edelbrock 7577 is a great intake but for some stupid reason they didnt put injector bosses in in! You can have a machine shop put them in but its quite expensive. I have one of the old school M1's hanging on my shop wall, I wont let that go for anything. Ive even been offered 600 for it, lol. IM always scouring parts ads and ebay looking for them.

M1. I'll get the part number off it later so you can use it to search if you like.

M1.jpg

I'm sure he'd put bung's in a #7577 if asked. He owes me a favor anyway.
Dude I would go that route. Back in the day, you may be able to find it, Hughes did a dyno run with beer barrel, M1 and Edel 7577 when it came out. The 7577 blew the stocker away easily, bested the M1 big time low end and held its own up to 4k rpms and held steady. Its a damn good intake that does a lot very well. I do also recall an M1 besting the Edel pretty good when a 210 or greater cam was used though.

A couple of things about the 7577 and just about any intake you'll find other than stock for a Magnum, they never have egr. They were all actually designed and marketed for 96+ that had no EGR. IMO thats not a big deal because I disable the EGR on all my 95- anyway. Also, you'll have to go with a high priced, very rare 4bbl TB or build and adapter to 2bbl like Ma Mopar used to offer with one of their M1's. Also, see below.

I may be wrong, havent looked in a while but I think all of Hughes intakes, besides the Edel are desigend for a special head, not stockers. Yes, Hughes makes me drool every time i navigate there. Good guy too, he'll give all kinds of advice.

I found one of these in Pep Boys years ago and held a 2bbl TB up to it before, it doesnt line up perfectly with with a little machining could adapt a stock TB to 4bbl intake I believe.

2bb to 4bbl.jpg

Yeah I wasnt referring to LA but I see now that Indy intakes seem to fit Eddy and Mag heads, it used to be the Indy intakes were for Indy heads. Although, the site doesnt say that 100%. This is the kit, pricey for sure, you have everything needed, no guesswork and trust me, taking a stocker off and using anything else takes parts you wont have.
Hughes Engines

ODI is very forgiving and to top it all off, if it throws a code, no engine light like OBDII. Ive disabled at least 6 95 and older EGR's without issue. Matter of fact, rough idles go a way a lot of times and performance picks up as you arent injecting hot air into the air stream.

That adapter is Mr Gasket and I hear what your saying but, its nothing doubling up a gasket wont handle. I just grabbed it because it was old school cool, mainly for the parts wall in my shop. ;-)

Shop wall.jpeg

I may have time to box it and get it weighed for shipping charges tomorrow. I'll be going to FedEx unless you have a preferred shipper? Feel free to email me directly to coordinate. skoottrr@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back