• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

87 D250 going to scrapyard

69DodgeMan

Reaction score
Have a 87 D250 that caught fire and destroyed most of the cab & dash. Some underhood damage as well. This truck has a 360 4 barrel with an automatic transmission. I'm pretty sure the rear is a Dana 60. Question is, is it worth messing with salvaging any parts? The 360-4 has me wondering if I should pull that before sending it to the yard? Any value there?

I thought about pulling brake parts for spares for my cars, but then with it being an 8 bolt the drums won't do me any good. Any brake internals swap easily to B or E body's?

I'm really not interested in spending a lot of time yanking parts to make a couple bucks here and there. I have better things to do with my time and better ways to make money. YET, being a Dodge man for 60 years or so, I just hate to throw it all in the scrap pile.

The engine, trans, and rear diff would be worth saving
That was my first thoughts too. But then there's the time spent with disassembly, storage of the parts, and then of course......what the heck am I ever going to do with that drivetrain? I'm at the age where my "project days" are over I'm afraid. And all I have are big blocks, no small block stuff at all so not much value in spare parts there either.

I'm thinking it is all just going to "go away" quietly. Kinda sad though.

Approximately where located and how bad was the fire? Dash or engine compartment or is the whole thing toast?
I had an 83 D250 that I should have never sold.
And I have doors fenders and more for the 81-93 trucks (though none from that 83).
2 nice factory ac dashes, "some" wiring, and more.....

I have a 93 d250, I’m looking for bed and driver door. 1st gen 5.9, and I’m looking to improve on Orem tranny. Any suggestions?

If you're talking to me the big issue is NM is far from Illinois for shipping.... And what's an Orem tranny?
I didn't think trucks rusted in NM?

Back