• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

'85 W150 stepside family affair

lookingforpowerwagon

440wagon4x4
Reaction score
We took 9 months last year, got to spend time together, and taught my boys about working on trucks! It was a lot of fun, there was some knuckle busting blood, but all smiles! This thing is so fun to drive..anywhere! Looking for another fleetside truck to start for my 16 year old son, he has now been bitten by the resto bug! Let me know if anyone has one that is rust free, complete, but doesn't run. Thanks!

dodge family pic before.jpg

dodge boys learning about engines.jpg

dodge bare painted cab.jpg

engine.jpg

dodge bed ride home from st louis.jpg

dodge front end install.jpg

dodge inst cluster.jpg

dodge corner view.jpg

dodge finished driver side.jpg

dodge finished family photo.jpg

Very cool. Good looking truck they can be proud of. I like the updated gauge backing, tastefully done. Welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing your next build, wish I could help with the donor body.

Thanks Locumob, I bought the white face gauge decals off of Ebay for $20! They have them for older Dodge Power wagons as well! Tricky to get around the needle, but I love the way they look in the truck

Thanks HALIFAXHOPS, I saw a meme on Facebook that said if you get your kids hooked on race cars or restorations they will never have money to do drugs! The learning experience was awesome and it was great having them all be part of this project

I have an '84 Dodge shortbed for sale/No engine or trans-was originally a /6, w/4spd...For sale/CHEAP. I live at Guilford Lake...20 mi. E.of Canton,Oh.

Front-end view.jpg

Driver-side view.jpg

Passngr-side view.jpg

Rear view.jpg

Very good job ! It's just plain CLEAN looking ! The early bird bath hood was a nice touch . I also really like that it's a family build and I can't wait for your next one . :) By the way welcome back to FTO .

Thank you for the donor truck Tom, we will post pics as we go along! I am looking forward to picking it up Saturday morning!
Damn that was easy! 3-4 days and you found one locally. Wish all my searches were that easy. I'm guessing it will be all hands on deck once that project commences? With you and your boys, you have a full crew for running a shop...

Wow , your right Mob . That "was" quick ! Can't wait to see what you guy's do with this one ! :wideyed:

Back