• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

84 d150 3.7 vacuum diagram

68GTX440

Reaction score
Hey everyone, does anyone have the proper vacuum diagram for my slant six with emissions bs? I had to replace the freeze plugs this week and during the removal of everything I had a bunch of vacuum lines break, I want to make sure I got them all replaced. The ones I'm seeing on google aren't correct for my truck, they're newer.

Last edited:
Look at the bottom side of your hood. That is were the factory placed it.
Sorry should've said my hood was replaced by a 88 318 hood, mine got screwed in an accident and just picked one up out of a local junk yard, and we didn't get to pull the sticker.

Ok questions?
Leanburn
1 or 2 barrel carb
Manual or automatic trans
Air conditioning
Air pump
Number of evaporation canistors

I found a copy of my old on demand 5 program last night, and I finally found the correct diagram, but to answer your guys questions.

Leanburn yes
1 barrel
auto
A/C yes
air pump yes
1 canister
CA emissions yes.

Thanks guys.

And all those parts still work?
I gave up on the leanburn 20 years ago. Its performance was just to unreliable. I never knew what I was going to be driving at any given time. The slant would get form 13 to 23 mpg with the same driving conditions and load.
Went with an LA and never regreted it.

And all those parts still work?
I gave up on the leanburn 20 years ago. Its performance was just to unreliable. I never knew what I was going to be driving at any given time. The slant would get form 13 to 23 mpg with the same driving conditions and load.
Went with an LA and never regreted it.
Yes and no, I’ve replaced and had the computer rebuilt a few times now, I never went and removed it and put in a msd box like some people have suggested, cause of emission’s here in NV. You’ll get your few smog joints that don’t care and just pass as long as the sniffer test passes, some will go and check everything. I’ve failed once cause my hood sticker is for the 88 318. But after these freeze plugs were replaced, the truck is running really rough and stalling out, I’m rebuilding the carb Tuesday after the kit comes in.

Be carefull with the bbd lid they like to warp. Then instant vacuum leak. I have tried resurfacing but never had any luck.
Your delina is why I have never gone newer than 82 on the big truck it has many newer amenities but dont have to worry about the mandated 83 smog crap.

Does anyone know where to get a new choke thermostat? Mine doesn’t seem to be working and keeping the fast idle all the way open making the truck hard to start now. Oriley’s and autozone only really have electric conversions that I am unsure if they’ll work on my carb.

Do you have a NAPA store close?
Kind of off topic but do you have your owners manual?
I need to know which fuse terminal feeds the brake lights.
It appears Hayes doest think brake light switches are important. It shows the wire out of the turn signal switch and goes no where off the wiring diagram.

Back