• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

69 D100 Barn Find!

70 Gladiator

Reaction score
I just found a '69 D100 short bed last night! Has been sitting in a shed for some years, and I happened to get lucky and get the first call.
Owner died several years ago, family kept it, and decided to "clean up the property". They called me to see if I knew anyone who would want an old Dodge truck. Lined it up to go look at it and when they priced it, I counter offered with a quick removal price. It worked!

It was too late to get a picture, but stay tuned, pictures will be posted soon.

great find , had an 69 adverturer short swept box 383 auto ps , got it going good with a 440 new trans headers alum int , everything working well . loaned it to a friend they wrapped it around a bridge upright , lol . it was wrecked very hard . right frame was bent like an elbow and toughing the inside of the right front tire which was back . well it made some great parts . in fact the headers and exhaust went on my 64 when i put the 383 in it .

DSC06665.JPG

DSC09263.JPG

Congrats on the score! They called you? I never have that luck! Look forward to seeing it.

It doesn't look like much right now, but it's pretty solid and runs. This will go great with my D400!
I need to reduce the image size, grrr!

I've been wanting a good candidate for a rat-rod type project. I believe this one might work. I think it's solid underneath, but I will have to get it on the lift before I make that call. There's a '68 383HP at the house that's been begging me to put it back in a Dodge pickup. I may just have to do that...

69 D100 Side (2).jpg

sweet man , that what i put in mine 64 , here some mounts pics , using factory frame . and motor motor brackets and isolators n oil pan . headers are w series rb .
DSC07567.JPG
DSC07580.JPG
DSC07586.JPG
, my 69 adv had a 383 stock , went 440 on that one . but thats what wrecked it .

Excellent information! Is that a "truck oil pan"?

Factory motor mounts or custom built?

My 383 has the factory bowed manifolds. I have not measured anything yet. I hate to say it, but i'm not sure which floor shift, manual transmission is in the truck now.

ya , big truck , motor home straight axle type same as my 69 383 had . my ramcharger i thought a rear sump . there was a member on fbbo or fabo that had an 440 engine for sale with that pan also . the p/u is a stick ? you'll be cutting the bell housing mount crossmember out . need to pull a brace back to keep the spring mount from twisting the lower frame , just a flat plate between the c of the frame welded in . but thats with stock front suspension . do some beef up on the rears springs it will handle better , i used some b350 passenger van rears to make up my rears , put a 9 1/4 354 loc'r in ti as well . my p/u had the huds n nuts r/e before . and soon front disc package for wow factor . so it will stop after all the go stuff , lol . more ramcharger parts .

DSC08035.JPG

DSC08036.JPG

Good information. I've been told that I will have to switch the oil pan to get the big block to sit correctly. I am no-where-near ready to worry about that though.

It may be a couple of weeks before I get it home. It was nice to find out that it has the 5 on 4.5 wheel bolt pattern. That will make wheel and tire shopping more fun.

I will do that. Looks like it will be 2 weeks before I get it to the house. My oldest son (12) is already trying to lay-claim to it. As soon as he heard I might sit the 383 in it, he started talking about making it into a sleeper. There is a speck of hope for the next generation! lol

There is a speck of hope for the next generation! lol
That's awesome, don't discourage it! I passed on a $200 running 440 so a kid could get it. I'm half pissed but if I can do the littlest thing to keep the hobby going, it's worth every penny I don't save. Gonna make it a father and son project? See if he does enough work to "earn" the truck, surprise the crap outta him!

started a kid out in a 68 rr coupe roller that i had , sold it to him for his ffa sheep sale funds . hope it did him good . cut round rear wheel houses , but rust free . great starter muscle machine . sorry abouit the size , had my sister help me store pic fills once .

68 RR dash.jpg

68 RR fndr tag.jpg

68 RR frt end.jpg

68 RR lt frt.jpg

68 RR rt side.jpg

i like it when people help people . seems to be the right thing . showed a young teen age kid how to do a nice job painting his bike , showed him how to tear it down . and prep for paint . did a candy orange i thing . looked very cool . he later be came a finish carpenter . took me that it was instilled in to him by the bike paint job . that doing it right made all the difference in the world . last time i saw him , he was building rattrucks , lol . go figg'r . but hes working for it , not waiting for a hand out !

My first project was a '69 Road Runner. Bought it when I was 17 and worked on it till I was about 35. I finally gave in and sold it to be able to finish my Duster. Two years later, it rattled the house windows as it pulled up my driveway! It takes money to play this game, and I just didn't have enough of it for the 'ol Bird.

I'm trying to choose my projects on the basis of -- how much is it going to cost to make it start, run and stop. After that, it's easy!

i always think budget . but put the project first over funds , makes some long term projects . and i've been grabbing the parts as they come , and plan the further projects . then after their done its cool , but then storing them can be a chore . and funds for projects are out of pocket , sell some stuff just to get other stuff , lol . well , mean while i change direction on some projects , it seems that new found vintage or new parts develop new design , lol . can be a never reaching end .

I hear ya.

Here is a list of my projects that I currently have, and that can be completed with a little bit of money and a whole lot of time...

'70 Jeep Gladiator Pickup- 350-v8, short bed, 4-speed
'69 Dodge D400- 20K original miles, cab & chassis
'69 Dodge D100 pickup (this thread )
'55 Willys pickup- Future "Willy Wat" rat rod project.
'64 MG-B- all original and complete basement find. Last started in 1979.
'73 Plymouth Duster- 440 auto, 95% complete. see it on ForABodiesOnly.com!

With the addition of this D100, I am in the process of listing each project and what stage it is at. Then, list what can be / needs to be, done to it next. This addition was the dollar that broke the wallets binding! Time to stop and hit the restart button. I have room to store 2 of these, so the Duster and one other is going to be put at the top of the list.

My family supports the Gladiator project first, so it will get the fan vote. lol

thats a great big list , glad the families behind you . are you sure their not just pushing you out the door , lol . hopefully to help finish what makes dad happy . if i had to sit down an list them , well thats a can do , but to list the stages and whats needed . your well more organised then i .

Back