• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

53 on a Ramcharger chassis

daredevil

Reaction score
ramcharger 007 (Large).jpgHad this 53 and 383 needed a rebuild and punks knocked the windows out of my Ramchramcharger 006 (Large).jpgarger. So I thought to myself why not? Looking for that grave digger vibe.ramcharger 065 (Large).jpgramcharger 068 (Large).jpg
pencil.png

ramcharger 065 (Large).jpg

ramcharger 006 (Large).jpg

ramcharger 068 (Large).jpg

ramcharger 007 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Cool,I will be following this thread.
I am planning on putting my 1965 Chevrolet C20 long bed step side on a 1997 Suburban 4WD frame.
TXTruck

A very cool move DD, Did you sell the glass that was on the ramcharger ? lol could not resist

How bad does the wheels stick out from where they are supposed to be? I have a 42 Dodge pickup that I am always looking ideas for. I had considered this idea too but I scraped the idea when I measured it out. From your pics it doesn't seem all that bad but maybe a 53 is a little wider than a 42?

53 must be wider because it looks right. Biggest obstacle so far is motor sits back in cab a couple inches and to center steering collumn to one side of truck I will need two steering joints to connect collum to box. Its about a 3 inch offset.

Cool , I'm definitly gunna follow this build . I've thought about doing something like this for years . But being in the north east , I never found a solid enough body to start with . At least not one for the right price . The closest I've come was a 62 panel truck that could only be yard driven and he wanted waaaay to much for it .

Have you caught those punks yet....let them have it if you catch them...that is a real cool swap...keep it up and take lots of pics....Eric

Getting too hot to do anything outside right now. May have to wait till end of summer.

Getting too hot to do anything outside right now. May have to wait till end of summer.
I here that Same here DD, hot HOT and HOTTER this time of year to be outside wrenching
I hope a good rain heads your way soon and cools things down, I see that it was so dry and hot you could not fire off fire works for the 4th of July this year on the news .

That will be my favorite rig when its done. Id like to see turbines all the way around. I like that pickup in purple and those must be rare as hell with corner windows.

Got a few small showers this week but still dry as hell. When I walk in my yard the grass crunches. May roll the wifes 69 Cuda in the garage turn on all the fans and start her motor swap.

gril 009.jpggril 010.jpg
That will be my favorite rig when its done. Id like to see turbines all the way around. I like that pickup in purple and those must be rare as hell with corner windows.
I have the full set and they will be on it. An added plus is the front hubs fit thru them when i take out the center caps

gril 010.jpg

gril 009.jpg

Its almost like theyre meant to be. Im sure you know but those centers and caps arent the best anyways. If they start peeling I would just take them all off and paint the rear axle. They look nice on there though.

Back