• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

2004 Window leaks

JDMopar

Reaction score
Wife has an 04 Dakota quad cab, and I suspect the windshield is leaking on the passenger side. Passenger front floor gets wet every time it rains. It must be running down behind the heater box, because it's not dripping onto the floor mat. Just the carpet is wet. Definitely not the heater core, as it hasn't lost a drop of coolant. Has anyone else with this body style of Dakota had any windshield leaks? I need to replace the front windshield anyway. Lawn mower slung a rock and cracked it on the drivers side. Are these windshields put in with butyl tape? I know a girl that works at a glass place that can get us a new windshield, and I'm not afraid to do it myself if it goes in with butyl tape. I've put in quite a few older Mopar glasses that stuck in like that, and never had a problem. Thanks.

Only problem I have found doing it myself is I break it buy another glass. They break it its on them. But if I were doing it butyl caulk would be the way to go.

Thanks. My buddies girlfriend works at a glass place, and can get the windshield cheaper for me. I will probably pull the old one out, since it's already got a crack in it. I will probably give the install job to one of the guys that works with her, and he can do it after hours as a side job.

Back