• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1992 C1500 Silverado Dash Exchange

Totenkampf

Reaction score
1. Hello, I have recently purchased a 1992 C1500 Ex Cab Stepside truck with Silverado trim that I am trying to polish up a bit. The original dashboard is cracked badly and I wish to replace it but am not fond of the dashboard used in the 88-94 trucks since they always seem to crack right at the defroster vent. I think it’s a design problem. It appears that there were two other dash styles offered for the 4th generation trucks, years 95-96 and 97-98...will either of these bolt up to my firewall without having to change out the steering column? I would also like to keep the instrument cluster as original if that’s possible but don’t have a problem with rewiring anything else that needs it. I already have the interior of a 97 available to me so I would like to find one of that year.

On another note, where all Ex Cabs of the third door type after 96? I have the driver’s side rear trim and it looks like it will fit but the truck that was parted out for me had the third door so I am wondering if I will be able to find matching passenger side rear trim for the area around the back side window?

Thanks for any advice!

Back