• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1990 W-150 wiring ???

MoparsOnly

The snozberries taste like snozberries.
Reaction score
I wanted to know about the SMEC and can I just rip it out or, do I have to do some re-wiring. If you haven't run into It, It's the part where the fresh air intake plugs into from the air cleaner housing. I'm going to install a performer A/G and, one of the new street demon carbs. The 2 bbl. works but, it runs super rich (black carbon tailpipe soot). Plus I want to clean out all the emissions crap being I don't have to pass any emissions test hear in S.Carolina. Thanks.

If you get rid of the computer you will need to run a different ignition system. You will need to do a little rewire, you will need a ignition source for the coil. I would need to check, but I believe there is an auto shut down relay that powers the computer and coil. You could pull ignition power from the relay.

Sorry Hops already had a MSD with box sitting and waiting to go in. Thanks for the suggestion.

All you need is this, intake and carb. Instructions in this kit are very detailed and actually have a section on exactly what your doing. Have done many of these conversions over the years and its the best bang for the buck hands down. Be mindful of your local inspection reg's though. I used to leave the comp in and hook the intake hose back up for inspection.
Mopar Performance P4529791K: MOPAR HP IGNITION TUNEUP KIT Fits: Most Mopar 1964-"86 318/340/360 | JEGS
That's a great suggestion but, I already have dist, coil, 6al, carb, Intake all new still in boxes and, ready to go. My problem Is the charging system and OD control. Inspection what's that??? not here In good ole South Carolina. I use to do realtime inspection when I lived In LINY. A real PIA.

Back