1. Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

1990 Chevy Sport Truck, The New Daily

Discussion in 'Member Restorations' started by StrokerMan, Oct 11, 2017.

1. StrokerMan

StrokerManMember

So I recently sold my 15' Ram R/T and bought one of my favorite body style chevys. A 1990 C1500 single cab short bed. It's a little rough looking but it runs and drives flawlessly. :happy: With a little work it'll be an awesome truck, and in the mean time I can daily drive it. In the end i'll have it lowered with a fuel injected pro-charged 383 stroker. I want to keep it clean and unsuspecting, so any tricks or ideas would be greatly appreciated. :snaphappy: IMG_5215.JPG IMG_5214.JPG IMG_5187.JPG IMG_5188.JPG IMG_5172.JPG IMG_5173.JPG IMG_5178.JPG IMG_5185.JPG IMG_5190.JPG IMG_5194.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • 65 sporty

65 sportyWell-Known Member

I will be watching, I have 2 of these. 98 2500 Ext cab 4x4 and a 91 Reg cab long box 4x4. Wouldn't mind finding a 2wd short box for summer driving.

• Like Like x 1
      • StrokerMan

StrokerManMember

Hey, good to have you aboard! Just recently got in some parts, more on the way. I've been doing a little work so i'll post an update on that soon. Feel free to post pictures of what you have/ have done to them. :cigar:

• StrokerMan

StrokerManMember

Ok so, A lot of tune up stuff done to the truck. New: tensioner, idler, belt, spark plugs, wires, oil & filter, fuel filter, brake pedal pad, air filter, and pcv. Cleaned up the dash and interior a lot and while I was there fixed up the gauge cluster. I can in no way understate how bad the interior is (pics are after I cleaned) but its mostly cosmetic. And apparently someone had an obsession with milk because I keep finding milk bottle caps everywhere, even in the ac vents. :hungover: Still waiting on parts but I'll do some more work today and update with pictures. :snaphappy: IMG_5193.JPG IMG_5209.JPG IMG_5205.JPG IMG_5208.JPG IMG_5181.JPG IMG_5204.JPG

• Like Like x 2
        • LocuMob

LocuMobFluid Technician

You're showing much more love to your DD than I do! I need to clean mine out to start with!

• StrokerMan

StrokerManMember

LocuMob, I try not to work out of my daily driver too much lol. Busy day again, got the truck taken apart and vacuumed out. The rear window was busted some time back so it was full of broken glass. Pulled out the carpet and padding, found a little surface rust (and more milk caps), cleaned it up and put down some sound deadening material. Got the new carpet in and trimmed and one door panel on as well as the driver side window motor. Tomorrow i'll finish it up with the driver door panel and get a better picture of the carpet. :snaphappy: Should be taking it in to have the seat redone as well as the headliner and visors. IMG_5231.JPG IMG_5236.JPG IMG_5237.JPG IMG_5242.JPG IMG_5244.JPG IMG_5250.JPG IMG_5264.JPG IMG_5272.JPG IMG_5274.JPG IMG_5267.JPG

• Like Like x 1
          • 65 sporty

65 sportyWell-Known Member

You are moving right along, the 91 I have I took the carpet and seat out, steam cleaned them and put them back in. World of difference, there's a seat cover on it new though. A friend of my son's wanted to buy it, he cleaned up the headliner and put on the seat cover, but the decided to get a car and didn't want the truck. I got a free seat cover out of it though.

• Like Like x 1
            • StrokerMan

StrokerManMember

So not too much done this weekend, just kindof tinkered with the truck some. Went ahead and popped in the carpet on the back wall of the cab and installed the kick panels with new carpet pieces. If you look at the first and second posts you'll see the sad state of the steering wheel. I went ahead and wrapped it up and put a decent cover on it. It looks presentable and is functional, right now I don't really want to spend too much more. Going to start saving for that engine so just small stuff from here on out. Tuesday I'm having the seat, headliner, and visors done. I'd do it myself but in this case it's cheaper to have it done. :snaphappy: I'll have to get the vents and clips for that center trim piece and now i'm looking for the trim panel that goes up the driver rear corner of the cab and holds up the corner of the headliner. Mine broke. :( I'll probably tint the windows and install a radio after the upholstery work is done. IMG_5314.JPG IMG_5284.JPG IMG_5291.JPG IMG_5294.JPG IMG_5304.JPG IMG_5305.JPG IMG_5313.JPG IMG_5281.JPG

• Like Like x 1
              • StrokerMan

StrokerManMember

65 sporty, I like the free stuff haha

• Like Like x 1