• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1990 Chevy Sport Truck, The New Daily

StrokerMan

Reaction score
So I recently sold my 15' Ram R/T and bought one of my favorite body style chevys. A 1990 C1500 single cab short bed. It's a little rough looking but it runs and drives flawlessly. :happy: With a little work it'll be an awesome truck, and in the mean time I can daily drive it. In the end i'll have it lowered with a fuel injected pro-charged 383 stroker. I want to keep it clean and unsuspecting, so any tricks or ideas would be greatly appreciated. :snaphappy:
IMG_5215.JPG
IMG_5214.JPG
IMG_5187.JPG
IMG_5188.JPG
IMG_5172.JPG
IMG_5173.JPG
IMG_5178.JPG
IMG_5185.JPG
IMG_5190.JPG
IMG_5194.JPG

I will be watching, I have 2 of these. 98 2500 Ext cab 4x4 and a 91 Reg cab long box 4x4. Wouldn't mind finding a 2wd short box for summer driving.

Hey, good to have you aboard! Just recently got in some parts, more on the way. I've been doing a little work so i'll post an update on that soon. Feel free to post pictures of what you have/ have done to them. :cigar:

Ok so, A lot of tune up stuff done to the truck. New: tensioner, idler, belt, spark plugs, wires, oil & filter, fuel filter, brake pedal pad, air filter, and pcv. Cleaned up the dash and interior a lot and while I was there fixed up the gauge cluster. I can in no way understate how bad the interior is (pics are after I cleaned) but its mostly cosmetic. And apparently someone had an obsession with milk because I keep finding milk bottle caps everywhere, even in the ac vents. :hungover: Still waiting on parts but I'll do some more work today and update with pictures. :snaphappy:
IMG_5193.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_5205.JPG
IMG_5208.JPG
IMG_5181.JPG
IMG_5204.JPG

You're showing much more love to your DD than I do! I need to clean mine out to start with!

LocuMob, I try not to work out of my daily driver too much lol. Busy day again, got the truck taken apart and vacuumed out. The rear window was busted some time back so it was full of broken glass. Pulled out the carpet and padding, found a little surface rust (and more milk caps), cleaned it up and put down some sound deadening material. Got the new carpet in and trimmed and one door panel on as well as the driver side window motor. Tomorrow i'll finish it up with the driver door panel and get a better picture of the carpet. :snaphappy: Should be taking it in to have the seat redone as well as the headliner and visors.
IMG_5231.JPG
IMG_5236.JPG
IMG_5237.JPG
IMG_5242.JPG
IMG_5244.JPG
IMG_5250.JPG
IMG_5264.JPG
IMG_5272.JPG
IMG_5274.JPG
IMG_5267.JPG

You are moving right along, the 91 I have I took the carpet and seat out, steam cleaned them and put them back in. World of difference, there's a seat cover on it new though. A friend of my son's wanted to buy it, he cleaned up the headliner and put on the seat cover, but the decided to get a car and didn't want the truck. I got a free seat cover out of it though.

So not too much done this weekend, just kindof tinkered with the truck some. Went ahead and popped in the carpet on the back wall of the cab and installed the kick panels with new carpet pieces. If you look at the first and second posts you'll see the sad state of the steering wheel. I went ahead and wrapped it up and put a decent cover on it. It looks presentable and is functional, right now I don't really want to spend too much more. Going to start saving for that engine so just small stuff from here on out. Tuesday I'm having the seat, headliner, and visors done. I'd do it myself but in this case it's cheaper to have it done. :snaphappy: I'll have to get the vents and clips for that center trim piece and now i'm looking for the trim panel that goes up the driver rear corner of the cab and holds up the corner of the headliner. Mine broke. :( I'll probably tint the windows and install a radio after the upholstery work is done.
IMG_5314.JPG
IMG_5284.JPG
IMG_5291.JPG
IMG_5294.JPG
IMG_5304.JPG
IMG_5305.JPG
IMG_5313.JPG
IMG_5281.JPG

So I haven't posted an update in a while but progress has been made. Got the interior all finished and back together and replaced the wiper motor. Pulse board was fried and I had the one in a million style no one makes. Now all I need are speakers and center A/C vents and we'll be in business. :shame: After calling around and getting some ungodly high quotes I found a guy near me to reupholster the seat, headliner and make new visors for a good price. :snaphappy:

IMG_5389.JPG

IMG_5391.JPG

IMG_5393.JPG

IMG_5395.JPG

IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5399.JPG

IMG_5400.JPG

IMG_5401.JPG

IMG_5402.JPG

Thanks. Now I'm looking at doing a roll pan, remove the side trim and new lights. Maybe a few fancy upgrades. Everyone goes with sport mirrors. They look nice but I think I'm going to go with something else, maybe with turn signals, etc..

Lookin good! I like those trucks too but so far never owned one. Drove a few where I used to work and always felt out of place in them since I'm so used to driving Dodges lol.

Holly cow it’s been forever! I didn’t even realize how long my truck has been sitting. I finally blew a head gasket some time back and it’s been running but “dead” since. I’ll have to take some pictures but as of now it has been decided, I’m swapping in a 6.0 LS with a 6 speed! Lots of trick stuff will be done along the way. 😊

I must admit, I'm envious of the GM crowd, and the LS swap world. Readily available, relatively simple, and CHEAP!!!

Back