• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1983 Dodge Rampage For Sale

HowardBishop

Reaction score
I'm selling my 1983 Dodge Rampage, 2.2 liter, 5 speed Mini-pickup. This is a terrific "as is" vehicle. No rust. I got this Pick up 9 years ago and put it in storage. ( along with a 1982 Rampage parts pickup). I have several Mopars.... so just got it for future use. I couldn't go wrong, as I knew the history of this pickup. It belonged to the owner of our local Dodge Dealer and well cared for.
It has 97,800 miles on it. It starts, drives and stops. Since I took it out of storage, I cleaned the gas tank, put on a new fuel pump and fuel filter, new battery, new inlet air duct and exhaust duct. and Gas cap. I also replaced rubber lines which have deteriorated. I replaced the PCV Valve. I did all these fairly minor things in preparation for the California Smog test in order to register it. I've been driving it regularly for 30 days. Now the irritation!!!!!
It failed the Smog test. Very picky smog service. I took it to a second Smog Station. They said it needed a carburetor rebuild ( or new) and a new Catalytic Converter. and I needed to take it back to the first Smog Service for California registration. Remember....I'm driving it daily. Grrrrr!
So....I'm selling it and the parts car as a package. $1700. Probably best to sell it outside of California. The parts car is red and no rust.

IMG_8044.JPG

IMG_8035.JPG

IMG_8036.JPG

IMG_8037.JPG

IMG_8038.JPG

IMG_8039.JPG

IMG_8040.JPG

IMG_8041.JPG

IMG_8042.JPG

Definitely piqued my interest. Not sure I can pull it off. I live in North Carolina. Have to take a week off work, fly out.... Tough to find one rust free.

It does appear to be a nice one - I'm assuming your storage was inside as it doesn't appear sunburned either.

Seems like a long trip for this vehicle especially with two vehicles being sold as a package.
It is a California car and I live in the high desert so very dry and little worry about rust. Both are rust free. While I drive it around my town...I would't set out across country.
The paint is gone and the clear coat has failed. The camper shell is a factory match to the truck. Lots of weather seals dried out around the shell. As gas in California is pushing $4.00 a gallon, I figured it would be a good daily runaround. Smog Check is a problem out here.

I stored this pickup outside in the high desert. the paint took a beating. The clear coat is shot. The vehicle, however, is solid.

Back