• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1981-1993 Ram Royal SE bench seat cover.

Ghostrider 67

Reaction score
The nice folks at Acme Auto Headliners made my day. I e-mailed them in frustration about the non Availability of Royal SE patterned seat covers. This the e-mail they sent back...

So, they said that it would take them around a month to do the job and they cannot start until after April 23rd, so for those who may wish to replace their Royal SE seat covers you should be able to order a new one in the correct "belted" pattern by June or so.

WP_20180328_19_43_40_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
That will not fit the Intrepid buckets installed in the 82. I have the material to replace the covers and keep thinking maybe next winter.

That will not fit the Intrepid buckets installed in the 82. I have the material to replace the covers and keep thinking maybe next winter.
Did you look at their website? Do they have any for the buckets?

Looked they have LeBeran covers. No Intrepid. Their cloth and no big deal to just make a set. Just to find the time and space.

Looked they have LeBeran covers. No Intrepid. Their cloth and no big deal to just make a set. Just to find the time and space.
I have a set of 06 Volvo Cross Country buckets that are going in my 67 Coronet. I removed the leather covers from one seat just to see how it was assembled. I feel like I could make another one if I had the machine.

Done several benches, seats , and covers in sevral colours: fabrics, leather.. A great feeling of new seats once in the truck. Always like the customer' s happy smile...

Siege truck 001.jpg

20171027_100815.jpg

fred tan leatherbench.jpg

black grey  bench.jpg

mopar  banquettesuite 031.jpg

The seat will be in my driveway this week. They got it finished on Friday and are shipping it back to me on Monday. Here's a pic of the finished product. Remember, if you want one just contact Steve or Justin at Acme Auto Headlining.

1986 Dodge Truck Bench Seat EM.jpg

They paid for everything. They wanted the pattern so they could manufacture it and sell it to their venders. So they offered to pick it up and truck it to CA and back, as long as I could put it on a pallet. They needed it for a month+ and they just finished with it and are sending it back to me on Monday. They are the manufacturer of about a zillion seat covers of all kinds that they ship out nationwide to venders who sell them. They don't have a retail side, just making them. It cost me zero except time. So, just the cost of the seat which I own and the new upholstery. They disassembled my seat down to each separate piece of material and copied it. Made a master pattern, got the production side all geared up and began making them and did my seat first.
EDIT::: The other thing is that I'm a medically retired 30yr service, combat veteran and 100% disabled from TBI/PTSD. They wanted to help me out. I let them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was just calling around to find a new cover in the same pattern and called the manufacturer by mistake. The said no, but we want it.

Back