• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1974 Manual Mopar A body Steering box

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
Contact seller
If its part number 2537349 (I think it starts with 253) I already have 2. I need the later one to work with my corresponding linkage. Can you measure the shaft with a caliper to verify its 1.2" not 1.1"?

The pittman arms are different and and I want to use my 73 up linkage and not have a total hodgepodge mix of suspension pieces (even though the rest of the car IS a hodgepodge!).

My coffee is down! Out for a birthday breakfast and back home for a Hoppy beverage, then to bed as I have to work tonight.

It is 1.1 Don't you have to change the pitman arm when you go from power to manual on a a body?

DSC00760.JPG

What A body is it? And is it the stock front end? Might be able to help out, think I know them?
It's going on a 67 Dart and I'm putting in a 68 K frame, I have all linkage and suspension from a 73 Duster I think, 11 & 3/4" discs, and just want to keep all that the same year, instead of keeping the smaller ttie rods while using the older steering gear. I need a new pittman arm anyways so that doesn't matter much.

Apparently not. I didn't know enough when I got the linkage to get the steering gear. I should check mine to make sure I gave what I think I do!

Let me know. Rock auto seems to have both sizes. Wonder if the the one from the belve would work? I would just send it to you. Let me know which way you are doing this seems kind of interesting.

I looked at RockAuto first, great minds think alike? And they have the same part numbers for any year Dart. My phone might not have shown me all the info like shaft size, that sounded funny! I'll double check. I already have 2 boxes p/n 2*37349 for the earlier setup. I'll have to measure stuff this weekend if I can't find anything. Or go after market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back