• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Dodge D-300

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-miller

Reaction score
Contact seller
I decided to try and sell my 1970 Dodge D-300 cab and chassis I bought about 4 years ago. It has the 318 with 2 barrel carb., New Process NP435 4 speed trans., Spicer 70 rear axle with 5.86 gears. It has manual steering and power brakes.

The engine starts and runs. I replaced the points ignition with a Pertronix HEI module in the stock distibutor, new Accel spark plug wires. I replaced the valve cover, oil pan(replaced the old oil with synthetic) and exhaust manifold gaskets. The old exhaust I took off since it was very rusty and was going to put dual exhaust on it but never did using the stock manifolds.

The transmission I didn't do anything with. It shifts like you have to hit it right or you grind them till you find them when shifting.

The Spicer 70 rear axle I only changed the gear oil in. I think I looked at the brakes once and weren't bad. The rims are split rims and are an pretty good shape. The tire's are fair to good,they have good tread on them but I wouldn't want them if I was going to drive it all the time.

The frame of the truck looks to be in great shape, and not all rusted up.

The cab.....well, it needs a COMPLETE rebuild. The floor pans and cab mount areas, driver's side door hinge area(door hangs down very bad that it doesn't close properly), kick panel areas, cowl, door sill areas all need replaced. The windshield is good with some light fog around the edge, the other glass in good. The front bench seats needs to be completely redone.

The hood is pretty good with some minor rust hole in the very front.

Front fenders have some rust and somewhat beat up in places.

The front of the truck below the grill is some rust hole's.

I noticed the brake system has a leak somewhere and think the master cylinder needs replaced and maybe the booster. Which I might may take care of.

I do have a donor cab to use any piece off it, plus a front radiator support/headlight panel I was going to cut out the filler panel below the headlights.

I have also replaced the headlights, roof cab lights, rear taillights, all 4 shocks, 2 new stainless steel West Coast style mirrors. Also got 2 brand new Dynomax mufflers and chrome tips.
I have a clean PA title in hand.

This truck just needs attention is a pretty cool truck and would be great to see restored with a flatbed and wooden sides on it.

I am only asking $1,200.00 for everything......must take it all.
(MOTOR and FUEL TANK SITTING ON FRAME OF TRUCK NOT INCLUDED)

IMG_1043.jpgIMG_1051.jpgIMG_1050.jpgIMG_1049.jpgIMG_1048.jpgIMG_1047.jpgIMG_1046.jpgIMG_1045.jpgIMG_1044.jpgIMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the sale . What plans does your buddy have for it ? It would make an interesting build .

Congrats on the sale . What plans does your buddy have for it ? It would make an interesting build .

Thanks bear! My buddy has ideas of just fixing it up but nothing set in stone. I don't think he will ever do anything with it in his or even my lifetime. It will sit in the barn, but at least I will be able to see it anyway. I wish I could keep it and restore but need to think about more important priorities.....like buying a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back