• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1966 Dodge D100 Hot Rod

Average Joe

Reaction score
Wanted to share my build.
Its a 1966 D100 that I am doing a pro touring style build.
Crown Vic front end,four link,air bags,12 valve cummins diesel.I started the frame a while back and haven't had a chance to finish.Here are some pics of the progress and the engine build that I am in the process of finishing.

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

Wow , A pro touring Cummins , Now that's daring to be different . :wideyed: IIIIIII Like it ! :cool:

Curious why a Crown vic front end?
It was on the truck when I bought it. I had to take the front end off and redo everything.Another reason is for around 400.00 dollars you get
rack and pinion steering,big brakes,sway bar and more options for air ride or Coil overs. The draw back is the crown vic wheel base is wider so if your not planing on changing rims its not a good solution.Also to get the crown vic front end installed in the truck it takes a lot of metal surgery, the frame rails taper in and tilt down.

Last edited:
Thanks! You're doing great! Dana 60 I'm guessing? I'd prefer a 60 but I have an 8 3/4 spare. I hava a 79 frame that I had planned to do all my mods on, just because it's a space saver and everything is accessible Now I'm leaning towards shortening the frame on a 1st gen and swapping my doors, fenders, bed, dash, and door panels. I'll have AC, tilt, PW, PS. I'm getting old and spoiled. I can buy a clean donor for less than I can buy a motor/trans. too. WOW, keep em coming. Loving it.

Back