• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1965 A-100 pickup

BobK

Reaction score
I just picked one up. It was started by previous owner, not completed, then sold. Anybody else own one? I'm familiar with Mopar, but would like info on parts suppliers for these trucks.

Thanks!! a100.jpg

a100.jpg

I love it ! What are your plans for it ? V8 maybe ?

I'm open for options. the practical side of me says put the slant/auto back in. They are cool enough without having an 8 in them. the wild side says put my stroked 400 in it!!!! Wouldn't be streetable, but would be a ball at the track.

I'm leaning more toward the slant (or a mild small block) for street use

Is there such a thing as unstreetable ? lol Of course I'm one of though's people that as long as it has light's and a plate on the back then it's streetable . lol Personaly , as much as I love big block's , I think a nice small block would be just the ticket . All though I've got a picture in my head that includes a big block with zoomies coming out the sides and ladder bars comeing up from the rear axle with a front plate that say's "this end up" . lol

1965 A 100 pickup

I own a 67 A 100 van. Had a pickup but sold it. The van is a 6 cyl. 3sp. Ive always though they were neat. The guy I sold the truck to would probaly sell it. I had all kinds of plans for it but thats about it just plans. If I went V8 it would be a small block. good luck

1baddak, I had a 67 A-108 van years ago. 318, 3 speed. Had a ball with it. (This was about 74) i was the only one in town that had a V-8 van, everyone else had 6's.

I stock rubber parts and some sheetmetal. Used parts too. I own serveral as well.
Thanks,
GEORGE!!

Very COOL truck! I drove one for 2 years as a field service truck for Miller's Appliance in Livermore CA in the 60'S. It had a slant 6 and automatic lever shifter on the dash. Love to see pictures as you progress.

It will be a few months before I can get any progress. My body man, and good friend, passed away last night. He was a VERY talented guy, he will be missed. Stay tuned for further updates

Last edited:
I wondered what the value of a100 trucks are going for now. I am looking at a 1969 a100 318,automatic little rust will need a repaint he is asking $14,000. I think he is way high on price does anyone have any idea thanks.

thanks for everyones imput on the asking price of the truck. I never thought of it that way but it is the truth. I talked to the owner tonight he said $ 12,000 was his bottom dollar I told him he would never get that much out of it. he said he could sell it all day long at that price he also told me he could sell six cylinder a100 trucks not running for $5000. the truck is on chatanooga craigs list if anybody want to see it if anybody wants the number pm me and I will give it to you.

68 powerwagon said:
he said he could sell it all day long at that price.
That's why it's been for sale for over two months, right?! haha Truth be told, it looks to be in pretty decent shape, but still needs a lot of work to finish it (and eradicate some of the lousy '90's additions like the mirrors and seats).

Bobk,
There was a really nice, white, A100 pickup at the Fall Fling in Van Nuys, CA on 10/26/13. It had a 360 w/ automatic & a standard rear end. Sorry but I didn't get any contact info. I'm restarting my '65 window van project again. I got a lead to an intake manifold at the Fall Fling. Keep us posted on your progress.

Back