• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1955 Dodge Panel Wagon

HowardBishop

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1955 Dodge Panel Wagon. It has a Red Ram Hemi in it. It has a "Job Rated Custom Regal" badge on both front fenders. It says C-3 B-8 108 on the Cowl Tag.
I'm wondering if this Panel Truck came with the RED RAM Hemi or if its a transplant motor.
The engine block # is D502-94513. I'm not sure where there would be a matching number on the body.
Any help to match this Red Ram motor with the Panel Truck would be helpful.
Thanks
Howard

Last edited:
Whats the plan for this vechical? And we need pictures. Otherwise forget the matching and enjoy. You have a keeper.

Yes..pictures. ASAP.
The PLAN???? This vehicle was bought because of Dodge Fever....since high school! Mopar rules. My Hobby is buying and selling Mopars. Couldn't do it without great Mopar guys always looking and passing on contacts....and this website.
It runs, stops, painted light blue, dual spotlights, interior done....Centerlines. Yes...pictures....

IMG_7020.JPG

Yes..pictures. ASAP.
The PLAN???? This vehicle was bought because of Dodge Fever....since high school! Mopar rules. My Hobby is buying and selling Mopars. Couldn't do it without great Mopar guys always looking and passing on contacts....and this website.
It runs, stops, painted light blue, dual spotlights, interior done....Centerlines. Yes...pictures....

IMG_7012.JPG

thats a town panel , 259 - 270 v8 poly could have had the hemi head . could have come in it . meet a guy in northern calif a david ybarra . he works all over the state . he was into 57's . but thats a nice ride . had me a couple panels . stayed with the pickups .

that engine decodes to a d50(1,2,3) 1954 241 dodge red ram two bbl carb 150 hp . 1955 would have d553 270 ci super red ram two bbl 183 hp 4 bbl 193 hp . as for car motors , pickup used a 1953-54 241 , 1955 259 , 1955-56 270 poly heads engines . and these could have had hemi heads as well . enjoy it its a cool ride .

Thanks Paul....I appreciate the decode and information. The Panels are unique and have a special following. (Not for everyone.) This one was originally a city Ambulance.
I hope to keep it for a bit.

no prob , i'm building early hemi stuff so the pages are at my fingers you might say . the early a's b's c's like to use the dodge for their hotrods . it fits with the hood on . the second series of engines got wider , and need hood panels modified for clearance . although i would like to see that hemi power plant don't you . shame to pot a hood over it . this was a buds build , it shows it off nicely . it was a two two bbl mod to the two bbl intake .
DSC07123.JPG
DSC07159.JPG
DSC07160.JPG

Back