• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

'01 Super duty brake bleeding

If the brakes don't bleed there is an ABS problem. The only solution will be to take it to the dealership and have the ABS reset or replaced.

If the brakes don't bleed there is an ABS problem. The only solution will be to take it to the dealership and have the ABS reset or replaced.

They bleed off some say the truck has to be running, other say no it doesn't. My problem is the pedal is low and the brakes are new. I had a leak on the right front. Got that fixed but when I went to move it from 1 side of the house to the other the brake light was on . Checked the fluid level and it was low. Filled it up and it stays full, lights off, pedal is low to the floor. I'm just dbl checking for the correct procedure.

You can bleed them manually by pumping the pedal, pressure bleeder, vacuum bleeder or use a scan tool to run the ABS pump. I usually bleed most systems manually. We do a lot of brake line kits on GM trucks. Those I will vacuum bleed to get fluid to the calipers then bleed manually.
I would go around to each brake and make sure there is no air, since you had a leak if the master got low enough you could have air in another brake.
If I was starting with a empty system, I would bleed the master first, then RR, LR, RF and LF.

Must take a darn good scam tool to run the ABS pump. Mine will not do it nor would the local shop big machine do it. The ABS would not let fluid bound and pedal would go hard. We tried with the engine running and off with the same results. I hope the OP has better luck with this.

Must take a darn good scam tool to run the ABS pump. Mine will not do it nor would the local shop big machine do it. The ABS would not let fluid bound and pedal would go hard. We tried with the engine running and off with the same results. I hope the OP has better luck with this.
We have 2 Snapon's and a Matco. I haven't had to use the Matco for this yet, but I have used the Snapon on some in the past. I don't remember if I ever tried it on a Ford Superduty.

We have 2 Snapon's and a Matco. I haven't had to use the Matco for this yet, but I have used the Snapon on some in the past. I don't remember if I ever tried it on a Ford Superduty.
My Innova will not do it. It would tell what needed to be done but otherwise yes a no go.

Back