• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

'00-'04 front clip on '05 and newer Dak

mopardug

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just joined tonight and I like what I've seen. This will be an oddball question, but here goes. I love the '00-'04 Quad Cabs. I want to stick a Gen III Hemi in one. That being said, it is my understanding that the '05 and up Daks and Durangos share the same chassis. I want to know if it would be easier-and cheaper-to hang a '00-'04 front clip on a newer Quad Cab chassis than it would to shoehorn the Hemi in the older chassis. I don't want something that is rigged together. And the newer models have more creature comforts. Any thoughts out there? Thanks for this forum.

Altho i have not done it or seen it done i suppose it could be done however in my opinion it would not be worth it. The sheetmetal [isuppose that is what your referring to] on the front of the older trucks in no way will matchup with the newer bodylines [they are completely different] the amount of money[time] some one would spend would make the project unrealistic. You would be better off putting the new engine and interior [as much as will fit] into the older body,or putting an older body on a newer chassis.

It is my understanding the Hemi block is identical to the magnum/ LA style blocks. Would be easier and cheapper in my opinion to drop a HEMI into 00-04 model.

Thanks for the info. I've been told that the bellhousing bolt pattern on the Gen III is identical to the LA bellhousing. Are the Magnum bellhousing pattern and engine mount locations the same as the earlier LA engines, and also the Gen III? Right now I've got an idea on what I want, but still need QUITE a bit more info. lol

Back