• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi from Germany

PosyGER

Reaction score
Hello everyone from Germany. I am not completely new here but it seems my (unused) account from 2018 has been deleted when I was looking for a square body back then.
Now I am here again with a 1984 Dodge Ramcharger 360 4x4 that spent most if its active life in Sonora, CA.

I hope to finde some misc parts here that are hard to locate in Germany.

IMG_20231108_201942.jpg

Welcome back! Wow, nice truck! How much lift is under there? I had an 82 Ramcharger, (4 speed, 318 4x4), that was 7 years old when I bought it. I owned it for 23 years. It was always outside in the weather as I had no garage. Well, I gave it to my younger brother who still has it today. Never had any engine, trans or axle issues in all that time, just a little rust. A great vehicle. Best of luck with yours! 👍

pictures_051.jpg

Hey!
It has a 2,5" Skyjacker kit (leaves + shocks) installed with 33x10.5 on the factory 15" turbine rims. Thats about the max. I would go for German city areas to get it parked in underground garages.

I think the 727 Loadflite shifts like butter and the engine runs okay (have to check the Thermoquad and ignition soon). Dana44 front has absolutely no play at the ball joints and feels good but I really dislike the 9.25 rear axle on this one. It has a good amount of pinion backlash when shifting into reverse and I allready start hearing a grinding noise unser slight load. Second thing is the huge axle side play at the hubs. I was told its normal for C clamp style rear axles but i doesnt give a good feeling.

I would LOVE to install a Dana60 rear to get rid of these flaws but it's very hard to find one in Germany. And I cant identify which Dana60 would bolt right into an 84 Ramcharger due to lack of information and what to look for.

Welcome from the Mitten. I don't believe there would be a factory direct bolt in Dana 60, I say that because they were used in 3/4 ton trucks and 1 ton vans with 8 lug wheels. I believe they all had full floating axles also. Muscle car Dana 60 had 5 lug wheels and semi float axles. If you have your heart set on a Dana 60 I believe your going to have to go aftermarket.

FWIW, I had a '94 Ram with a 9.25 axle. The truck had 50k when my buddy swapped in 3.91's and proceeded to use the living shit out of that truck. It had over 235k when the pinion took a dump. They aren't the biggest, but they can handle more than most give them credit for.

Back