• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Florida Man

Russ Knight

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm in the very initial stages of swapping a 1970 325hp 340 into a 2004 Dakota. Look forward to getting to know folks here!

Welcome aboard. You are in the right place. Please post a few pictures when you get a chance & good luck with your project!

welcome aboard from the left coast . funny thing is i'm toying with the idea of dropping a 340 727 package in my 88 d150 , get need to get a smog free tittle to use to reg/lic the thing here in calif . or reg/lic it in another state .

DSC03334.JPG

DSC03560.JPG

Last edited:
Title it in Minnesota, then you don't have to smog check it. You can also have it off the road for as long as you want with no back registration due.

what a wonderful state , but with a speed limit of 65 and turnpikes that record your time on and off , i'd be getting speeding tickets left n right . i liked everyone in meet there , went to daytona back in 1987 had a blast .

what a wonderful state , but with a speed limit of 65 and turnpikes that record your time on and off , i'd be getting speeding tickets left n right . i liked everyone in meet there , went to daytona back in 1987 had a blast .

Never heard that about the turnpikes. I live in North Florida, no turnpikes up this way, at least yet. I really have only one beef with Florida right now and that is not being able to easily make my side bide street legal, but we are working on that. This part of the State isn't developed like the south and central part (yet). Plenty of woods and undeveloped coastline. I was born here and Lord willing, I'll be buried here one day. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world.

My son did that swap with his 80 Dodge utilne s/b with a a833 cast iron case, it's a rocket and blast to drive!

had a 81 318 od4spd , i swapped out that od for a 70 a833 iron box and a heavy duty clutch setup . it was better but still no power . we drove the state when we were there for the daytona race . just made a few stops . just wanted the gist of the state having never been .

Back