• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Detailing Supplies

adamr

Reaction score
What do you use ? Were do you get them ? Im looking into adding sales to our shop. We would be selling Meguiars, Mothers and 3M to start. Im hoping to be able to build a good mail order business with it.

So the questions are,

Do you use detailing supplies from the above manufactures ?

If yes, Which products do you use or are interested in trying ?

Do you buy your products locally on over the internet ?

Locally buy and use Mequiars and Mothers and Invisable Glass. Mequiars for waxing products. Mothers for polishing products and Invisable Glass for cleaning glass.

Can you be more specific on which products your using. Im not real familiar with the Mothers line right now. We use to use the metal polish.
We use a lot of Meguiars stuff but its all from the professional line and usually isnt on the shelf at local auto parts stores or discount chains.

Mother's aluminum mag polish and their chrome polish. I also use there mini and larger polishing balls. Chip Foose advertises for them. I use Mequair's detailing mist and claybar system. I also use some speed wax that is very good but the name escapes me right not. Mothers has a professional line also.

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/02_products_01_professional.html

05212.jpg

05100-05101.jpg

05141.jpg

The mag polish is good, we still keep it around and we have the cone shaped mothers polisher. Were using another metal polish right now also but the name escapes me at the moment.
The spray detailers have there uses, we use them for final touch up. But for claying we just use clean soapy water. Wash the cash, hose it off, clay it with clean soapy water, rinse again.

I also like Meguiars products generally but the best finishes I have ever got are by Autoglym. I have reintroduced many to them and always get the same response, pricey but worth it. Autoglym super resin polish has always out done any I have used and liked by Meguiars or anyone else. I also recommend Simichrome metal polish, I guess most would say metal polishes are created equal but I find Simichrome is a notch better.

Sorry, missed your last question, I order almost exclusively online. Driving around to find stuff has been such a waste of fuel, time etc.

Back