Thread: anyontow with eco boost F150?

Country
    United States

Default anyontow with eco boost F150?

got a Dodge with Cummins but will be replacing it this year. Don't really need the diesel but once or twice a year, so I was thinking of going with eco boost for mileage and suffer with towing a couple times a year.

anyone tow 8-10K behind one?

Country
    United States

I have a friend who just bought one, he's averaging 19mph driving around town and got 24mph on the highway. He hasn't towed anything with it yet though.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    Ronald Reagan

Country
    Puerto Rico

Well all ive heard is that it is very strong pulling truck and the motor has lots of torque yet smooth, with 400++ pounds of torque it is very impresive.

Country
    United States

Default New eco under the carport

My wife just picked up my new F-150 Larait 4X4. Ecoboost with 3.73 gears. I ordered it while I'm in Africa and will be home 4/April/12. Will take it on a 1000 mile trip to the florida beaches to break it in, then hook up to a 6000# camper and head west. I'll let you know how it does pulling the RV. I currently pull that RV with a '99 Silverado 1500 5.3L and it struggles badly on hills.

Country
    United States

Just got back from a 2000 mile trip pulling a 5300lb camper. averaged 8.3 mpg at 65 mph. Truck pulled it in 6th gear and only dropped to 5th on 1 degree hills. Not that great on the highway unloaded. 16.5 at 70 mph.